Welcome to the Compassion Ministries Bulletin Board! This
bulletin board is designed to connect churches with community
ministry needs an opportunities.
- Regional Education Center in Tazewell serving areas of East TN, South West Va, and South East KY) is in need of the following items: Copy Paper, Office Supplies, Electric Pallet Jack, and Music Stand/Lecture Stand. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Roger Hansard at 423-526-7513. They located at 2121 Old Hwy 25E, Tazewell, TN 37879.
- Birth Choice in Trenton is in need of: Baby beds, strollers, car seats, bouncy seats, swings, Handmade booties, blankets and diaper bags, Baby towels and washcloths, Diapers sizes newborn & 3-6, Wipes, Bottles, Pacifiers , Baby Wash, Shampoo, Lotion, Newborn clothing – boy and girl. Would you please share this need with your classes, women’s group and/or church?” If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Kelly Wall, Clinic Director of Birth Choice, at email@example.com or 731-855-2900 or 731-414-1298.
- Centertown Community Baptist Church in McMinnville is in need of folding chairs for church. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Jerry Smith at 615-522-7525.
- Women at the Well in Athens is in need of the following items: Cleaning supplies of all kinds, Paper Products (ie paper towels, paper plates, cups, napkins), Make-up of all kinds, Feminine products (no tampons), Rid X. For the New Chapel: 150 cushioned chairs, projector, sound system, large screen for projection, tables round and long, shelving, toilets, sinks, playground equipment, picnic tables. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Robin Nations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-745-0010.
- Haven of Hope of Dekalb County is need of the following items: Life Recovery Bibles, gently used children’s books, used beanie babies, used match box cars, used devotional books (Open Windows, Journey, Our Daily Bread are also accepted), Walmart gift cards, yarn, paper goods (Kleenex, toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, napkins), trash bags, febreze, school supplies, pencils, and ink pens. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Kay Quintero at 615-597-4673 or email@example.com
- House of Hope in Pikeville is need of a box truck to help haul food from Chattanooga back to their ministry. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Bill Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-667-2287.
- Samaritan House Family Ministries is need of hygiene items for the residents specifically shampoo and deodorant. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Jean-Ann Washam at 865-475-5611 or email@example.com.
- Appalachian Outreach Ministries is need of items for their Home Repair Ministry. Items are: paint brushes, paint brush rollers, utility knives, large garbage bags, 4 cordless drills, large tarps and cleaning supplies. Great project for VBS or Sunday School Classes. Thank you for your help. Please pray for the families that we will be serving this summer. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Jean-Ann Washam at 865-475-5611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Next Door currently has a great need for the following NEW items for their clients: Panties (All sizes); Bras(All sizes); Socks(All sizes); Chap stick; Hairbrushes; Notebooks/Journals; Watercolors and colored pencils for art therapy. If you can help please email Cindy Smith at email@example.com or call 615-251-8805 ext. 625 to organize a drop off.
- Pregnancy Help Center of Smith County has ongoing needs for diapers (sizes Premie-6), pull-ups/training pants, modern cloth diapers (not Gerber Style), diaper wipes, infant car seats, pack 'n plays, gently used or new clothes (sizes newborn - 3T), anything a newborn to two year old might need, metal storage shelving. They are a resource facility, and provide Earn While You Learn classes to expectant families and parents/caregivers until the child reaches two years old, free pregnancy tests, and life-affirming alternatives. They also need volunteers, and are open Mondays 1-5, Wednesdays 9-5, and Saturdays 10-2. Contact Alicia Hoffman at 615-281-8054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Hope Pregnancy Care Center in Cleveland New Hope Pregnancy Care Center; Cleveland, TN is in need of end tables or items that would be great to make the men feel it is their man cave, new car seats (not able to use the used ones), cribs, boys clothes size newborn to 2T. Also could use end tables, lamp and other items for this room. If you can help call 423-479-6683 ask for Linda or Judy.
- Lifebeat Pregnancy Center in Tiptonville is in need of the following items: diaper sizes 3, 4, 5, & 6; wet wipes; new baby outfits for the layettes; baby lotions; baby shampoo; and baby wash. They also have volunteer needs at their thrift store to help sort, wash, and size cloths. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Dee Keeling, Director at email@example.com or 731-253-7222.
- Of One Accord Ministry serving Hawkins and Hancock Counties in NE TN.: Of One Accord is a host ministry for mission teams from churches that come to the Appalachia’s. They are converting a building into a housing area for teams that one day will have kitchen dining room, Sunday School size rooms to stay in and bathrooms and showers. The kitchen and dining room are completed. They are looking for: If there is someone who works with heating and cooling that knows how to find a donation of units, they are needing them for the following: The dining area is 1,700 sq ft -11 ft. They have another 2,000 sq ft of space for sleeping quarters and bathrooms with an additional 1,000 sq ft for warehouse/storage. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Sheldon Livesay at 423-921-8044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Southern Baptist Church, Pikeville provides a community nonprofit food pantry sack pack program for school age children. They in need of the following items: Full size personal hygiene items; Food Pantry Items; Baby Products; Non-perishable Food; Cleaning Supplies; Paper Goods. Items can be dropped off at 2827 Main Street, Pikeville, TN 37367. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Kathy Smith or Jane Humble at 423-447-2849 or email@example.com.
- Begin Anew of Middle Tennessee (formerly CWJC)- You can contribute to Begin Anew by donating any of the following items: Bottled Water, Juice Boxes, Cookies, Crackers, Cereal/Granola Bars, Coffee, Artificial Sweetener/Sugar Packets, Paper Plates, Plastic Utensils and Cups, Printer Paper, Lined Notebook, Paper, Pencils, and Index Cards. There is also a great need for volunteers to serve in roles such as GED tutors, ESL teachers, encouragers, prayer partners, administrative assistants, and childcare assistants. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-332-2480.
- Polk County Baptist Association School Snack Pack Ministry From Ryan Potts: Some Polk County Baptist Association Churches began a weekend snack pack ministry for underprivileged children in our county, as they became aware of the need, as these churches already had an established relationship with the school system, as well as ongoing ministries in the schools, and some teachers from the schools are members of PCBA churches. I estimate that approximately 80% plus could use a snack pack each weekend. Some situations are extremely critical with children going without food all weekend…days on end, etc.; however, not all cases are this extreme. In the most extreme cases, there may be a parent that lost a job, a grandparent (or great grandparent) raising a child, a parent goes to jail, or just sheer poverty. Even when all is well, many Polk County families are struggling financially, even in the most suitable family and home settings. My estimate is based on a consistent double digit unemployment and the fact that Polk County is below the national poverty level. The schools receive a government grant to provide breakfast for every child; however, on the weekends some children go without food or go with little food until breakfast at school on Monday. The school has a list of the most critical students in need of food. PCBA churches prepare the snack packs and deliver to the school mid- week. The numbers of snack packs vary from week to week, based how many snack packs the churches are able to provide. Upon receipt of the snack packs, school administrators, teachers, staff, or an aide are forced to sit down with the student list and determine which children will not receive a snack pack that weekend…due to shortages. Since discovering the needs and the shortages, I am developing a process to try to help promote the ministry shortages and needs, and solicit assistance for the children of Polk County. Polk County Baptist Association will increase the snack packs provided, Lord willing, and with faithful partner support. Are you willing to partner with our association of churches to help meet the needs of children in our corner of Appalachia? Currently the most basic needs are funds and food. Funds for the churches to purchase food and / or food: non-perishable food items that are ready to eat, microwavable foods, easily prepared food for children that may have no food or are not able to prepare the food. We are seeking foods that do not need to be cooked, as some children are younger and cooking could create a fire hazards. Some examples: drinks, individual cereals bowls, breakfast bars, granola bars, easy mac, meat sticks, ravioli, vienna sausages, peanuts, ramen noodles, single portion pkg. veggies, gummies, canned fruit, cheese/crackers, peanut butter and crackers, etc. If you are interested in helping, contact Director of Missions, Ryan Potts by phone at (423) 338-2749 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Polk County Baptist Association is in need of hygiene items or kits for the H.E.L.P. Ministry at the Polk County Baptist Association Food Bank. Any size from trial size and up would be helpful. Greatest needs are shampoo, soap, tooth paste, toothbrush, deodorant, hand sanitizer, etc. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact, Ryan Potts, Director of Missions, at 423-338-2749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Birth Choice in Trenton has some mission opportunities. It has been 8 years since they added on and remodeled the building and they are looking to update the paint. They need some men or women who can paint professionally or paint very well to volunteer to ‘PAINT A ROOM’, they have 13 rooms, hallways and closets to be painted. They also need gutters cleaned out and some major tree trimming. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Kelly at Kelly@birthchoice.us or call at 731-855-2900/731-414-1298.
- City Reach Nashville has mission projects. Click this link to view the full list of City Reach Nashville Projects. If you know Churches, Ministry Centers, or Individuals in your area that would be interested in exploring such options contact: Mark Harvey, City Reach Nashville Coordinator at 615-987-5076 or email@example.com.
- Servolution Health Services in Speedwell is need of dentists who would consider a mission trip to their area, a retired dentist who might consider working part time or a new dentist who needs assistance with loan repayment. If you can help call Deborah Chumley at Servolution Health Services at 423-419-5070 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Hope Pregnancy Care Center in Cleveland is needing bilingual coaches for the Spanish speaking clients. If you can help call 423-479-6683 ask for Judy Gault, Client Service Director.
*If you have project needs, material needs, training that you are offering, or skills and experience that can help resource other church and community ministries please contact Carrie Kidd at email@example.com or 1-800-558-2090 ext. 2025. Please have those to Carrie by the 28th of each month for her to be able to get it ready to put on the next month’s bulletin board. If you have previously asked for a Ministry Opportunity or Ministry Need to be put on the Bulletin Board and the opportunity or need has been met, please let Carrie Kidd know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-558-2090 ext. 2025 so we can keep the Bulletin Board up to date. We will use this bulletin board to share needs and resources with Tennessee Baptist Convention Churches, Associations, and Compassion Ministries throughout the Tennessee Baptist Convention.